DIY Candle Making Instructions
We’re so excited to share our candle making techniques with you!
Things you will need:
- A heat source (usually your gas stove)
- A saucepan and a bowl/cup to create a double boiler
Things that are provided in the Rekindle Candle Making Kit:
- Wax for 2 candles
- Containers for 2 candles
- Wicks for 2 candles
- Labels for 2 candles
- Fragrance Oils for 2 candles
- Wick Stickers for 2 candles
- Wooden Stick to stir for 2 candles
- Wick Holders (clothes pins for 2 candles)
Get supplies ready
- Get all your supplies ready near the heat source (most likely your kitchen).
- Remove the wraparound label and wick from the tin as we ship those in the tin container to avoid any damage.
- Don’t remove the white wick sticker from the container.
- Add an inch of water to the saucepan and let it boil on medium heat.
- Place your bowl/cup in the saucepan to create a double boiler. Let the cup or bowl immerse in the water.
Note: The size of the cup/bowl doesn’t matter as long as it can hold 1 pack of wax
- Remove the film from the wick sticker in your bowl to reveal the sticky side.
- Straighten out the wick and stick it to the wick sticker in the container.
- Press on the metal end of the wick to secure it
- Get the 2 clothes pins and use them to create a bridge to hold the wick to centre it
Note: The container will stay in this spot for at least 8 hours, so pick a counter space that you won’t be using any time soon
Melt the wax & add the fragrance oil
- Add the wax to your bowl/cup and let it melt. This should take approximately 5 minutes.
- As soon as the wax melts, take it off the heat, wait for 30 seconds and stir in your fragrance oil
- Stir in one direction 10 times, then the opposite direction 10 times using the stirring stick provided
- Pour the wax into the container
- Check if the wick looks straight, if not, feel free to move it. This is the only time you should move the wick as disturbing the wick after this will affect the quality of the candle
Note: This is a great time to use a paper towel to wipe off the wax from your bowl/cup as it hasn’t solidified yet. You can then wash your bowl with dishwashing detergent.
Setting the wax
- Don’t move the container as it takes the wax at least 8 hours to fully settle
Trimming the wick
- Take a scissor or nail clipper to trim the wick to ¼” inches after 8 hour
Adding the labels
- There are top and wrap around labels provided in the kit
- You can add the top label to the candle at any time
- Please wait up to 8 hours to apply the wraparound label to your candles
Cure for 7 days
- Wait for at least 7 days before lighting your candle. Letting it cure for 7 days helps the wax and fragrance oil bind together.
Enjoy your candle & feel free to tag us on Instagram @rekindlekandles
Megha & Pooja
- Candle Pourers